Tutorial – Making a Mark V Helm

Here’s a quick tutorial on how I make my version of the mark V power armour helmet. The items and tools used are a mark 7 helm (I use the one with two breather tubes on either side), greenstuff, Grandt Line plastic rivets (0.81mm), a small chisel ended clay shaper and a sharp scalpel. Start by cleaning up the mold lines. I mounted...

Artscale Tyrant of Badab – Huron B...

This is my conversion of Huron Blackheart done on commission (EDIT:note that this is before the Forgeworld version was released). It is based off of the artwork featured in the BoLS Badab War supplement, the directions from the client was to have him striding forward. I ended up taking this apart twice to get the striding pose right,...

Artscale Alpha Legionaires Squad

Like much of my converting work I personally wasn’t satisfied with this project until about 80% of the way in when it started to really come together properly. These follow the basic guidelines laid out in my Artscale Tutorial. Initially I had tried to pose some of the squad in a striding pose, but many of the legs just ended up looking like they belonged to ballerinas, skipping… you get the idea. I ended up swapping most of them out for a more standard marine pose, with some minor adjustments. Striding/running poses are very difficult to do without them looking weird, and with a only a small variety of Terminator legs to use, it only makes thing tougher. The squad was commissioned to consist of 3 x Mk4, and 5 x Mk3. I began sculpting...

Artscale Mark V Tactical Squad (2)

This squad was done as part of a commission for a full army of Artscale Space Marines all in Mark V armour. You can find all posts pertaining to that army here. The client who commissioned this squad requested that they be striding forward. On the majority of the figures I’ve tried to position the legs into striding poses, or at least a little more dynamic than the usual generic Space Marine pose. The positioning of the arms and heads also play a large part on the dynamics of each figure. Note: half the shoulder pads are missing on the main pic because the client is providing his own. The backpacks were made using a different technique than those on the previous squad. All the helmets were converted from a specific Mark VII helm with...

Artscale Space Marine Individuals

These three Artscale conversions were my first prototypes of non-Tactical Space Marines. I was keen to try out new things now that I felt able to make basic scaled up Space Marines. The Assault Marine was painted up to be an Emperor’s Spear just because I liked the colour scheme. Admittedly the painted battle damage was a bit...