Artscale Imperial Fist – Charity A...

WOWZERS!!! Look what came in the post yesterday. It’s so weird to see something I made painted so amazingly well. As much as I’d like to keep it, this model is now up for auction on ebay, 100% of the proceeds will be going to the Birmingham Dogs Home Charity, who sadly need all the money they can get this time of year. The...

Tutorial – Artscale Terminator

Ever since I made my first Artscale Terminator I’ve been asked for a tutorial on how I did it. I was very hesitant for a long time because it takes a while to put this together but also because it requires a better grasp of using Green Stuff than the Artscale Space Marine in Power Armour. However, enough people requested it, so...

Primarchs Alpharius and Omegon

With the exception of the bases the Primarch twins Alpahrius and Omegon are now finished. This has probably been my most challenging project to date. The whole thing is about 90% self sculpted with a few bits used as armature to sculpt over. Alpharius especially is one of my favourite ever and I’m tempted to model a Space Marine...

Alpharius and Omegon – Part 3

  Apologies for  the lack of posts so far this year. I had the pleasure of being hacked last week (this site and a number of others) which is one of the reasons this post is so late. Although the actual damage incurred was quite minor and cleaned up within about 3 hours I decided to tidy up and remove any other vulnerablilites....

Gabriel Angelos – Part 2

I put the finishing touches to the Gabriel Angelos conversion a few days ago. The two main parts of the conversion that I think require some explanation are the cloak and the Thunder Hammer (which I’ve been informed is correctly called Godsplitter). Originally I had tried to sculpt a cloak using a sheet of wax I’d been given...

Alpharius and Omegon – Part 2

Steady progress on Alpharius and his twin brother Omegon. The tricky thing with this conversion is to make them obvious Primarchs, but also not have them too decorative, as their own modus operandi is to make sure they and all the Legionnaires are largely indistinguishable from one another. At the end of the day I’d rather make...

Artscale Space Marine Casts

In my last post I showed my attempts at making a cast of my long time coming Primarch project. I filled the silicone rubber mold with Green Stuff and the cast I got out of that the next day was actually pretty decent considering. Perhaps because the Green Stuff wasn’t exposed to air when it was curing but the cast was a bit sticky...

Alpharius and Omegon – Part 1

This is the starting point of my first Primarch project. I’ve been putting off doing any Primarch for a long time because I want the finished model to really capture that extra special something that makes them so special. This particular project features the twin Primarchs Alpharius and Omegon. To do this I’m making a plain...

Artscale Chaplain

This particular conversion is for the Mark V army I’ve spent an age working on. Pretty straight forward really. The helm is from GW’s biker chaplain (accessory mounted on back of the bike) that’s been sitting in my bitz box for 12 years! The custom crozius is a power axe with the iron halo taken from the sanguinor model. Not much...

Blood Ravens – Vulkan He’sta...

This particular character conversion was done for a client’s (forum username Roleplayer) Blood Raven army. You can follow his immense Blood Raven Project Blog here. The conversion is mine but the paintjob is by the client and I think you’ll agree it’s top notch. This particular Blood Raven character will count as Vulkan...

Artscale Mark V Tactical Squad (1)

Sorry no WIP pics for this squad, I was in such a rush to complete them I forgot all about it. This squad was done as part of a commission for a full army of Artscale Space Marines all in Mark V armour. You can find all posts pertaining to that army here. All the models are fully WYSIWYG, mounted on 40mm bases rather than my usual 30mm. Although these were quite difficult to make, I found myself wanting to keep them (I picture them as an Ultramarine honour guard, but that’s just me) which I think is a good thing for anyone working on commissions. Each model was made using the basic Artscale Tutorial with modifications to account for the details of Mark V power armour. I’ve also posted a Mini Tutorial on how to make Mark V helms...