Here we have a conversion I’ve thought about doing for a long time and just never gotten around to. I’m very nostalgic about early GW miniatures and the old Screamer Killer models (which I admittedly converted) had pride of place in my first Tyranid army as one of my fave models.
I didn’t want to deviate too far from the design of the standard Carnifex, so the only changes I made were to the talons and adjusting the positioning of the head. I used the arms from the Crushing Claws arms for the lower pair, simply swapping out with the talons and putting them on in the opposite direction.
For me though the head is the nicest part of the conversion. I widened the back of the head to make it a bit more bulbous but it really didn’t need it. I also hollowed the body where the head is normally attached so I could essentially bury the head deeper in the torso. It’s nice how the head fits so snuggly and follows the curve of the armour plating and the ribcage.
Even if I were just assembling a standard Carnifex I would still do the same thing with the head. The effective removal of the neck just adds something to the model.
I originally made this for a Tyranid army I’ve been slowly putting together to go with my Swarmlord sculpt, but I’ve recently decided I don’t really have the time for more than one personal army. As I’m going to be focusing a lot on Truescale Space Marines again very soon this little beasty is up for sale should anyone want it. Email me if you’re interested.
Also in the works is a commission for a Death Leaper based on this artwork.
It’s still very much a work in progress but here’s what I have so far. Basing the body loosely on a Tyranid Warrior I wanted to make something properly creepy, as unfortunately I think the stock Lictors just look like close combat Warriors.
To create that creepy stalker feel, I opted for long thin limbs and because long legs would make him tall I tried to make the base work in such a way as to show him trying to keep low to the ground and hunched over.
When I get around to the arms I will build them up from scratch onto brass wire. The head shown here is a place holder, the one I make will be based as much on the artwork as possible, perhaps using some of the current plastic Spore Mines as a basis.